Cure Receding Gums Naturally or Natural Remedies to treat Gum Disease.
A lot of people want to find a way to cure receding gums naturally. However, while most remedies are unsuccessful, several methods can help you improve blood flow to the gums and make them more receptive to natural treatments. This article provides you with some of these methods to try for a more effective and natural remedy for receding teeth. There are many ways to solve this problem, but we’ve compiled a list of the most popular ones.
A healthy body is a sign of good genes and good luck, which is why some people seem to enjoy perfect health. Nothing can be more annoying than bad breath or toothache; only the best dental care will do. And this not only involves brushing your teeth regularly but also flossing them often to prevent the buildup of bacteria and plaque from decaying your pearly whites.
What is receding gums?
Receding gums occur when the tissues that cover your teeth (the gums) start to reduce or pull away. When this happens, your tooth’s root is left exposed, and your teeth become more sensitive to outside factors, such as food and drinks.
This condition can set in at any age, which is why you need to be aware of its symptoms so you can prevent further damage. If you do suspect you have a gum condition, seeing a dentist as soon as possible helps ensure a complete recovery – something we know many of our readers are probably struggling with right now. Many people wonder how they can cure receding gums naturally – after all, modern medicine has been known to cause even worse side effects than the problem you’re trying to treat.
There are many ways you can cure receding gums naturally, the best of which is through prevention. Generally speaking, it is easier to prevent dental health problems than to treat them after they have set in, so here are a few steps you should take to keep your teeth healthy and strong: For starters, always be sure to floss before brushing your teeth. Make sure you don’t brush too hard – this can cause irritation or damage enamel on your teeth. Visiting the dentist for regular checkups will help catch any problems early on before they become serious issues. And finally, if all else fails and you begin noticing symptoms of gum disease (i.e., pain or redness in gums), visit a dentist to receive a proper diagnosis and treatment.
Why Does Gum Recession Occur?
- Poor oral hygiene
- Tobacco use
- Acidic foods and beverages
Symptoms of receding gums can also be a warning sign of impending periodontal disease. When gingivitis is left untreated, the bone tissue that surrounds and supports teeth breaks down. In some cases, loss of bone support can lead to tooth loss – something no one wants.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
There are many causes of receding gums, but the most common is lack of oral hygiene care and brushing your teeth too hard. If you don’t take good care of your teeth or visit the dentist often enough, this can cause plaque to form on your teeth, leading to gum disease over time.
Typically, there are no symptoms of early-stage gum disease. As the condition progresses, however, the following symptoms may begin to arise:
- Bad breath
- Swollen gums
- Red gums with sharp edges
- Loose teeth or shifting teeth
- Gums that bleed upon brushing or flossing.
People with receding gums often complain they are sensitive to cold foods and drinks, which means ice cream is probably out of the question (at least for a while). Others might experience pain when eating hot soup or other types of food. Some also find their tooth color becoming more yellow as gum tissue naturally recedes from around them. It can be highly embarrassing for some patients resulting in lower self-esteem and depression.
As noted above, pregnant women can also experience gum problems during pregnancy due to hormonal changes and gestational diabetes; these issues generally resolve after giving birth. Gum disease is a severe problem that requires professional attention, as it has been linked to other health conditions like heart and circulatory diseases and stroke risk. If you don’t get treatment for this disease, it can lead to tooth loss and make it harder. Symptoms of gum recession include sensitivity, pain or tenderness in the gums or teeth and unsightly color changes to the teeth.
Gum disease also has other symptoms, such as inflammation around affected gums, bad breath (halitosis), teeth that feel loose without actually falling out, bleeding when flossing or brushing your teeth, and redness around the area.
Different Ways to treat receding gums naturally.
You can treat it in several ways, such as:
Salt Water Rinse
Mix salt with warm water until fully dissolved, and use this solution to rinse your mouth two times a day (morning and night). The salt kills the bacteria responsible for causing receding gums.
Aloe Vera gel
You can buy an aloe vera gel from a health store and apply it daily to the affected area. Let the affected gum be fully absorbed before rinsing your mouth with warm water. Aloe vera will soothe the pain and promote faster healing of inflamed gums.
Crush ripe aloe vera leaves and apply over the affected areas. Rinse with water after half an hour. Repeat the process daily until you see improvement. Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the shaded area of the skin two or three times every day. Take care not to touch any mucus membrane to prevent irritation. Use thin slices of fresh, clean Aloe Vera for best results, rubbing it against your teeth so that its juices coat them thoroughly. Rinse afterwards if desired. Depending upon how fast you notice relief, repeat this treatment once or twice daily.
These are herbs that have been proven effective in treating gum recessions:
- Wild indigo root
- Bayberry bark
- Usnea lichen
These remedies need to be used regularly, at least three times a day, for several months until you notice a significant improvement of the problem.
Oil pulling is a traditional method that has been used for thousands of years in various cultures. Mix one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with one drop of clove oil and slowly swish it around your mouth for at least 20 minutes. Spit the mixture out, do not swallow it as there are bacteria in the mix that you don’t want to ingest.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
These are available in foods like tuna, salmon and halibut. Adding these fatty fish to your diet regularly will promote healthier gums that are less likely to recede.
The chemicals in smoking have been known to cause gum recession by destroying the protective layer of tissue around teeth. Smokers are eight times more likely to experience gum recession than non-smokers.
It is an antioxidant that can kill bacteria responsible for causing receding gum disease and prevent further damage. Foods with high vitamin C content include black currants, bell peppers, parsley, oranges and lemons.
Vitamin E Oil
During the last stages of the gum recession, when there is not much tissue left to regenerate, you can apply vitamin E oil every day to the affected area.
You can get this from liquorice root, and it helps reduce inflammation and promotes faster cell regeneration. Liquorice should be used in small amounts as it contains high levels of glycyrrhizic acid that can affect your blood pressure and promote water retention.
Uncontrollable stress has been proven to impact oral health, including promoting gum recession negatively. People under constant pressure have lower immunity than others, so it’s always a good idea to control stress by exercising, meditating or simply taking a break from work.
Our bodies need more water when we are under stress because of the increased levels of cortisol hormone in our system that can cause dehydration. Drinking more water will keep you hydrated and maintain healthier gums.
Clinical studies have proven that zinc supplements can help reduce gum inflammation and further damage to gums caused by receding gums disease.
Avoiding Acidic Foods
Eating acidic foods like oranges, lemons or grapefruits affect the pH level in your mouth, which is already low due to constant acid production by bacteria. This low pH level makes you more likely to develop oral health problems like bleeding gums, ulcers, cavities, and eventually gum recession. Stop eating acidic foods to prevent receding gums.
Avoiding Processed Foods
According to a study, people who eat processed meat at least five times a week have an increased risk of gum recession. It is because processed food contains salt, sugar, and preservatives that affect the pH level in your mouth and promote harmful bacteria growth.
Oil Pulling with Coconut Oil
You can add coconut oil when you do the oil pulling method mentioned above. Because coconut oil has antimicrobial properties that help kill harmful bacteria responsible for causing receding gums disease. Plus, it has anti-inflammatory properties, too, so it can speed up healing after an attack from this dangerous illness. Oil also promotes healthier teeth and gums.
Gums Treated with Antibiotics
If you experience severe receding gums disease, then your dentist might recommend antibiotics that can kill the harmful bacteria in your mouth and prevent it from spreading further. But this is only used as a last resort because it can also promote antibiotic resistance. However, studies suggest that using herbal remedies alongside antibiotics will support healing, strengthen the immune system, and reduce inflammation.
Avoiding Dry Mouth
When the environment of your mouth becomes dry, it makes you more likely to develop oral health problems like gum recession. It is because saliva helps protect our teeth from harmful bacteria that secrete acids, causing gum diseases. So if you have a dry mouth, drink lots of water or try adding natural remedies that will stimulate the saliva production in your mouth.
A study has found strong links between tobacco use and receding gums disease, including bone loss. Smoking promotes plaque formation on teeth which leads to tooth decay and bad breath too. So stop smoking now to prevent further damage.
Brushing and Flossing Regularly
It would help to brush and floss at least twice a day to remove plaque on teeth and under gums. But if you have bleeding gums, it’s best to brush gently because excessive force will only worsen your problem. By practising proper oral hygiene, you can prevent gum diseases like receding gums.
Tulsi is known for its medicinal properties and has been used to cure diseases like flu, fever, cough, headache, etc. It is also effective when fixing gum problems by reducing inflammation and pain, mainly when applied topically.
Just make a paste out of tulsi juice with some water and apply it on your gums before going to bed at night. You can also chew a few tender tulsi leaves regularly after brushing your teeth.
tea tree Oil
Tea tree oil can be an effective method in preventing the growth of disease-causing microorganisms in the mouth.
Brush your teeth for at least two minutes regularly. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove plaque and debris from your tooth. A medium- or hard-bristled brush can damage your tooth enamel and root surface depending on how vigorously you brush.
Flossing one time per day is a crucial part of taking care of your teeth and gums, helping to remove debris between teeth that can contribute to plaque buildup.
Rinsing with a mixture of water and hydrogen peroxide may help treat sore, red, or swollen gums. You can use hydrogen peroxide as a home remedy for receding gums as follows:
- Combine 1/4 cup of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide with 1/4 cup of water.
- Swish the solution around your mouth for about 30 seconds.
- Spit out the rinse and don’t engulf it.
- Repeat this method two to three times a week.
Drinking green tea helps to promote healthy teeth and gums and may ward off disease. You should drink one cup of green tea daily.
Use over-the-counter medications that numb the pain and anti-inflammatory drugs to bring down swelling and redness around your gums.
They were taking antibiotics if the root causes were bacterial (which they often are). Doing this will help eliminate infections and keep them from spreading further into healthy tissues. In some cases, an antibiotic injection may be necessary to dose large areas of gum tissue directly with medicine – especially if you have multiple affected teeth or severe periodontal disease.
I am getting an antibacterial toothpaste. This type of toothpaste contains ingredients that kill bacteria on contact, preventing them from spreading and causing further damage.Dieting and making changes to your lifestyle may also help if you have receding gums due to poor eating habits. By cutting down on sugar, smoking, drinking alcohol excessively, and not exercising enough, you can reduce the chances of developing gum disease by up to 80 percent – so talk to your dentist about the best way for you to stay healthy!
Turmeric Gel and aloe vera gel
Turmeric gel and aloe Vera gel mix make a perfect cure for curing the receding gums, and both these ingredients work wonders in this case. Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder, two teaspoons of Aloe Vera juice and add some water to make a paste. Apply it on your teeth and rub it circularly around your teeth for 5 minutes.
Licorice root is also helpful in treating receding gums. Chew about one teaspoon of licorice root twice daily.
Some Other Natural Treatment
- Stir a half teaspoon each of myrrh and goldenseal into a cup of warm water and rinse your mouth with this mixture two or three times per day to relieve gum pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- The juice of aloe vera can be used to treat gum pain, swelling, and inflammation. Apply the gel or the liquid directly to the affected area with clean fingers or swab twice daily until you are relieved.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water each day to help your body flush out toxins that cause gum disease and other mouth infections.
- Eating fresh parsley is another way to treat receding gums. Chew on some parsley after each meal, three times a day for two weeks.
- Licorice gum has been shown effective in treating receding gums. Remember, it’s best not to eat too many sweets or gums containing liquorice since they can lead to high blood pressure and water retention.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth at regular intervals can help you prevent receding gums and other forms of gum disease.
- Chew fennel seeds after each meal to reduce toothache.
- Baking soda is also helpful in treating the receding gums. Mix one part baking soda with three parts salt and a few drops of lemon juice. Brush your teeth with this mixture once daily for three minutes.
- Toothpaste containing the extracts of myrrh, goldenseal, and turmeric act as disinfectants and antiseptics, which help reduce inflammatory conditions in the gums.
- A combination of things is necessary to cure receding gums successfully. A sensible diet is a critical factor in preventing gum disease. Avoiding high-fat foods will help your body fight off bacteria and prevent gingivitis. A healthy diet will also help your immune system to stay strong. It would help if you also brush your teeth after meals. A combination of these methods is effective in reversing the effects of receding gums.
- You can also use natural products to improve your gums. Cinnamon and baking soda paste helps the mouth fight plaque and will help your gums grow healthier. Taking water regularly is also helpful in enhancing gums. Additionally, drinking tea can increase the blood flow to the gums and prevent gum recession. The combination of cinnamon and baking soda will improve your gums. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money, you can also try a salt and honey infusion.
- Other ways to naturally treat receding gums include using antioxidants and other vitamins. Aside from natural medicines, there are several different methods for treating receding gums. By employing an antioxidant-rich diet, you’ll be able to combat the inflammation of your gums. It will also encourage new gum tissue to grow. There are other ways to get a healthy smile by tackling the problem using these methods.
- There are several other ways to cure receding gums naturally. A mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water solution will help you eliminate the bacteria responsible for the condition. Another method is oil pulling. It uses a variety of coconut oil and sesame oil to improve oral health and reduce inflammation in the gums. While these methods aren’t the only options, they are effective.
- If you cannot find a practical solution, try applying a mixture of vinegar and water. These ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to treat receding gums. These are two common ways to cure receding gums. In addition to olive oil and honey, you can also make use of green tea. A saltwater solution will help to relieve the pain caused by the condition.
- The most common natural treatment for receding gums is oil pulling. It is a simple technique that works well for people suffering from the condition. Simply swishing oil on the gums for 5 to 20 minutes will help reduce the gums’ swelling and inflammation. A combination of both will improve the blood circulation to the area of the mouth. In addition to a natural cure for receding, you can also try some homoeopathic treatments.
- You can try oil pulling to reduce gum inflammation. Adding a teaspoon of olive oil to your mouth is another effective way to reduce plaque. Apart from oil pulling, you can also try a topical aloe vera solution to soothe the gums. These natural remedies will work well for you if you have sensitive teeth and are not allergic to them. But, it is not the only way to reduce receding gums.
How can we stop the Gum Recession?
The best way to avoid gum recession is to practice excellent oral hygiene; this includes brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing once a day, and mouthwash. It will maintain healthy gums that are not too loose or tight. If you have already started to experience gum recession, there are other things you can do to help prevent it from getting worse, including;
- Avoiding acidic foods and beverages
- Chewing sugarless gum after meals
- Brushing with baking soda,
- Using hydrogen peroxide mouthwash
- Getting professional cleanings done at least twice a year
Many people do not experience advanced gum recession, especially those who maintain healthy teeth and gums.
It is also essential that you make sure that you eat a healthy diet. You want to ensure that you get plenty of calcium, vitamin C, folic acid and zinc in your diet. These ingredients are designed to strengthen your bones and tissues. Zinc works exceptionally well at fighting off bacteria that cause gingivitis and can help to keep your gums healthy. Vitamin C is another excellent addition to your daily nutrition because it helps increase the strength of collagen in your body, which will help strengthen your bones and tissues. Receding gums can damage your health.
If you can’t seem to find the answer to the question, “what can you do for receding gums,” then it might be a good idea to have a dentist look at it for you. Your dentist has likely heard every excuse imaginable for why you should take care of your teeth. They know how to treat the symptoms of gingivitis and can come up with an effective treatment plan for you. However, it is essential to point out that this doesn’t mean that you don’t need to brush and floss at all. In fact, the more you both do these things, the better off you will be in the long run. It would help if you brushed your teeth properly.
There are a few preventative measures you can take to keep damage at bay. One of the best things you can do is see your dentist for regular dental exams. They will tell if you are experiencing any mouth pressing or teeth grinding that could lead to gum recession. You should also brush your teeth twice a day, floss once a day and use an antibacterial mouthwash when possible.
Another useful preventative measure is to eat a healthy diet and maintain average body weight. It can help prevent gingivitis by keeping plaque from building up on your teeth and causing inflammation in the gums.
If all else fails, there are ways to treat gum recession at home. Some of the best things to do include:
1) Using a soft-bristled toothbrush
2) Using a power toothbrush
3) Using an antibacterial mouthwash
4) Flossing daily
5) You should regularly visit your dentist to maintain proper oral hygiene, including regular dental cleanings.
You are prone to getting gingivitis and receding gums around your crown. Regular checkups will help you fight this disease. Your dentist will give you oral antibiotics and other recommended treatments. Most people need not bother brushing their teeth after they have achieved their sound gums. They should already have solid and healthy gums by the time they begin to have problems with their teeth. However, if you have a history of gingivitis in your family, it is important to brush regularly.
Some of these treatments include fluoride treatment. Finsules or tablets are applied to the gums for several days to treat the disease.
Of course, whether or not any of these treatments work will depend on how severe your condition is. If left untreated long enough, it could worsen, which means that you need to see a doctor immediately. Many people are scared away from dental care because they believe that teeth cleaning may lead to losing teeth. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on expensive cosmetic procedures, try using a natural treatment for receding gums. There are many other remedies for receding gums that can be found at home. Aside from oils, you can also apply lemon juice and honey to the gums. The oil of citrus fruits is very effective in treating the condition of receding gums. But in most cases, it takes time and effort to work.